Our foster care programs understand and support the complex and rewarding relationships within families. From traditional Specialized Foster Care and Assessment Foster Care to Evidence-Based Foster Care, our highly trained professionals provide support and training for families to help provide children with a structured, nurturing environment for optimal growth. Family members are a part of the treatment team and are empowered to take an active role in the treatment of their child. NFI North builds upon the strengths of each unique family and youth resulting in life-long family ties and successes.
NFI North seeks to recruit, train, and support a diverse pool of foster parents. We welcome single, married, partnered, or cohabitating individuals to become foster parents. NFI North proudly supports LGBTQ+ individuals and couples on the journey to become foster parents.
NFI North offers intensive support services to our foster families to assist in the success of each youth and family, including:
- Specialized training prior to the placement of a child
- Frequent visits from our professional staff
- 24-hour on-call support
- Ongoing opportunities for education and training
- Planned and emergency respite
- Parent support groups
- Assistance with each child’s individualized needs
- Connection to community resources to support the success of each child
- A substantial monthly stipend for the care of the child
Please contact Deborah Weeks for more information or call 603-746-7550.